1 someone who propels a boat with a pole
2 (football) a person who kicks the football by dropping it from the hands and contacting it with the foot before it hits the ground
- Rhymes: -ʌntə(r)
- One who punts a football; also, one who propels a punt (pontoon).
- In the context of "UK|slang": one who gambles. See speculator.
- In the context of "UK|slang": A customer, often used to refer to the customer of a prostitute.
- In the context of "UK|slang": A regular customer of a particular pub or other drinking establishment.
One who punts a football; one who propels a punt
One who gables; a speculator
customer, often of a prostitute
- German: Freier (of prostitute)
A regular customer of a particular drinking establishment
The word punter may refer to:
- A British and Australian English colloquial term for a paying guest or customer, especially
- Someone who uses a Punt (boat)
- Punter (American football), a position in American or Canadian football
- The Punters, a traditional Newfoundland music group
- Punter (protocol), a file-transfer protocol
- Ricky Ponting, nicknamed Punter, an Australian cricketer
punter in French: Punter